About Dane Fleet Services:
Dane Fleet Services is a family-owned and operated and currently focused on mobile fleet services in Dane County. DFS provides a state of the art service vehicle powered by Richard Petty (Petty's Garage) for Mechanics to perform their services on-site. Yes, you read that correctly! We are customer obsessed and are committed to bringing our services to our customers where they need us. We strive to streamline the truck servicing industry by providing our customers with mobile services. Our customers no longer have to worry about doubling up to drop-off or pick-up service trucks, we will service them on-site! DFS performs major and minor repairs, preventive care, diagnostics, and roadside assistance for all trucks class 3-8. Whether trucks are from Dane County or passing through, we offer safe and reliable servicing while on the road. Become apart of our family today and apply!
DFS is currently looking for experienced Automotive or Diesel Mechanics. Are you someone who has years of experience as a mechanic but dislike the stationary shop environment? Do you want the flexibility of working and traveling to your customers onsite? Do you like getting to know your customers? Do you want a work/life balanced career? If you are a self-starter, well-versed in diagnosing and repairing mechanical issues, like working with your hands and crave for a minimally supervised environment, apply today! We want to invest in you. We invite you to be apart of the change and culture that will help pave the way for DFS to become a leader in the mobile fleet service industry serving all of Dane County.
- Perform regular diagnostic tests on trucks and interpret results to determine malfunctioning components.
- Conduct regular preventive maintenance on service trucks, including inspection, and oil changes.
- Conduct inspections (Courtesy, DOT, etc.) on diesel and gasoline trucks
- Maintain and repair diesel and gasoline engines by replacing parts, rebuilding engines, aligning wheels, and other standard vehicle maintenance tasks.
- Respond to service calls and conduct repairs in the field at customer locations, ensuring minimal downtime and maintaining a high standard of service.
- Utilize diagnostic computers/software to interpret and rectify fault codes.
- Maintain detailed records of serviced vehicles, repairs conducted, and parts & liquids inventory, and proper disposal
- Ensure adherence to safety procedures and protocols at all times.
- Provide recommendations to customers regarding the lifespan of parts and when future service might be required.
- Keep service vehicle stocked, organized, and maintained.
- Stay updated with the latest knowledge and techniques in diesel and gasoline vehicle service and repair.
- Proficiency with hand tools and diesel and gasoline engine diagnostic equipment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Familiarity with electronic diagnostic equipment and software.
- Time management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Must have your own tools
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent. Advanced certifications preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a diesel mechanic or a similar role.
- Valid driver's license with a clean driving record.
- Certification from a diesel mechanic trade school or program is a plus.
- Ability to lift and move heavy parts and equipment, often in excess of 50 lbs.
- Manual dexterity for operating tools and diagnostic equipment.
- Ability to stand, crouch, and kneel for extended periods.
- Capacity to work in varying weather conditions – hot, cold, rain, or snow.
- Good vision, with or without corrective lenses, to diagnose and repair small parts and details.
- Ability to drive a service vehicle to and from customer locations.